Pete Scheuerman: Building Inspector
The Building Inspection Department is dedicated to public safety in the construction and existing building environment throughout the City. This is achieved through the development and promotion of uniform codes and standards, code administration, and in education and instruction for the facilitation of a safe and secure home or business. Provided services include: perform building inspections; respond to citizen inquiries and complaints concerning construction, code clarification, public nuisance complains, permits, and other information.
The Building Inspection Division has adopted Codes and Standards from the Department of Safety and Professional Services, State of Wisconsin; Building, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Codes.
All Inspections are scheduled through the Building Inspector’s Office in the City of Plymouth.
Inspections may be available outside of the City Hall Office hours by appointment only. Permit Applications are available at: The Building Inspector’s Office, Room 205 Plymouth City Hall or download here: BUILDING PERMIT.
Please contact our office with any questions you may have.
Dwelling Contractors Important Notice
The State of Wisconsin requires all one and two family dwelling contractors to have the following certifications before doing any work on one and two family dwellings, including attached garages, decks, roofing, siding, doors and windows, etc.
1. Dwelling Contractor Certification
2. Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification
Please provide both numbers when filling out the building permit application.
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Deck Code
- Dwelling Contractor Credentials
- Electrical Code
- New Home Start Online Permit
- Northeast Wisconsin Building Inspectors Association
- One & Two Family Building/HVAC/Energy Code
- Plumbing Code
- Pre-Construction Backfill Form
- Sheboygan County Home-builders Association
- Sheboygan County Land Information
- Southeast Wisconsin Building Inspectors Association
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services Code