Contact Information:128 Smith Street P.O. Box 107 Plymouth, WI 53073 Phone: (920) 893-1271 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Hours
May 1 – Oct 16: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Friday 7:30 AM – 1 PM
October 19 – April 30: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4 PM
The mission of the City Clerk-Treasurer office is to serve the public, elected officials and other City Departments in the most friendly, efficient, and cost-effective manner possible.
The City Clerk-Treasurer office is responsible for city records management, election administration, legal notification to the public, issuance of licenses and permits, receiving and coordinating the administration of claims filed against the City, general human resource assistance, municipal court administration support, and provides administrative support to other City staff, boards, and commissions, and is responsible for financial matters such as accounts payable and receivable, billing and collections, cash management, and property tax collection for the general fund.
- Prepare and distribute resolutions, ordinances, proclamations, agendas and meeting minutes for the Common Council and various city boards, commissions and committees, including “ad hoc” meetings when assigned.
- Attend and provide administrative support to city committees including the Committee of the Whole, Common Council, Public Works & Utilities Committee, Finance & Personnel Committee and various other committees.
- Maintain custody and provide access to the City’s official records and process public records requests.
- Administer oaths of office, from time to time record legal documents, and certify official city documents.
- Issue permits and licenses as required by local and state laws.
- Oversee records management and retention of city materials.
- Administer elections, which include voter registration, verification and updating of voter records, assist with absentee voting, election inspector training, hiring of poll workers and direct supervision of election day activities.
- Primary office for the collection of complaints and providing customer service.
- Provide billing and collection for most general fund operations.
- Coordinate the general fund payroll.
- Provide general human resources functions under the direction of the City Administrator/Utilities Manager.
- Disbursement of monies to general fund vendors.
- Property tax collection and settlement with other governments.
- Cash management and investment of city general fund resources.
- Work with auditor/professional accounting services on annual audit, quarterly and annual financial statements, and other state reporting.
- Provide support to the City Administrator/Utilities Manager and the Finance & Personnel Committee on the preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide municipal court administrative support to the Municipal Judge.
- Provide administrative support to other departments as needed.
- 24 Hour Drop Box available for Tax Payment. Located in the lobby of the Police Department.