PLYMOUTH MUNICIPAL BAND
Plymouth Municipal Band announces Concerts in the Park schedule
Plymouth, WI (June 1, 2021) – The Plymouth Municipal Band announces its summer “Concert in the Park” series.
After a condensed schedule last summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the band will be back with its traditional concert series, including the popular German Night on July 22. All concerts begin at 7 p.m. The lineup is scheduled as follows:
• June 17 – Plymouth Municipal Band, concessions by Plymouth Historical Society.
• June 24 – Big Bass Trio, which will perform a variety of jazz, blues and oldies that feature the bass fiddle, including selections from Eddie Cochran, Tom Petty, Elvis and Johnny Cash.
• July 8 – Thelen Sisters Band
• July 15 – Plymouth Municipal Band
• July 22 – German Night, featuring the PHS Junge Kameraden, Plymouth Municipal Band and Schnapps und Tanz, a traditional Oktoberfest-style band from the Manitowoc area. Concessions will be hosted by the Plymouth High School Fine Arts Boosters.
• July 29 – Lighthouse Big Band, a 17-piece band from Fond du Lac that plays traditional swing and jazz favorites from greats such as Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Count Basie and more. Concessions by the Masonic Lodge.
• August 5 – Plymouth Municipal Band, concessions by the Plymouth Historical Society.
• August 12 – Plymouth Municipal Band, concessions by the Plymouth Historical Society.
This summer, the band will perform a rendition of John Williams’ Olympic Fanfare to celebrate the Summer Olympics and two pieces tied to summer movie releases – a collection of Aretha Franklin hits and a jazz arrangement of “Cruella de Vil.” In addition, the band will play a variety of musical medleys, pop favorites, traditional concert repertoire and American marches.
“I’ve picked out something for everyone this summer, whether you like Led Zeppelin or Sinatra,” says Director Andrea Pannier, in her second season conducting the band.
The band will continue to practice social distancing during rehearsals, including holding practices outside at the park on Mondays.
Openings for community groups to host concessions are still available on numerous nights. Contact Plymouth City Hall at (920) 893-1271 for more information.
The Plymouth Municipal Band is the longest running continually playing municipal band in the state of Wisconsin. To get the latest details on the concession schedule and music selections for each concert, visit the group’s Facebook page at facebook.com/PMB.