Employment Opportunities With the City of Plymouth & Plymouth Utilities
1. Arborist/General Driver-Laborer – City of Plymouth is seeking qualified candidates for the Arborist/General Driver-Laborer position. Under the direction of the Street Superintendent, they will plant, maintain and remove trees and other woody plants using their knowledge of tree anatomy and biology, along with climbing, aerial lift, rigging techniques and trimming skills. They will also perform manual labor in the maintenance and construction of city streets and city owned facilities. Applicant should have experience in performing such work and a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Associates Degree in Urban Forestry or Arboriculture is preferred. Additionally, if the applicant is ISA certified or the ability to obtain the certification within 2 years is a plus. Possess a valid Wisconsin commercial driver license (CDL) with air brake and combination trailer endorsement upon hire or within 60 days of hire. Applications are available below or you can select the NEOGOV link on the website to apply online. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, 900 CTH PP, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. First review deadline of applications will be October 23rd. Position is open until filled. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Description Here.
2. CITY ADMINISTRATOR/UTILITIES MANAGER, PLYMOUTH, WISCONSIN: City Administrator/Utilities Manager, Plymouth, WI (pop. 8,540). Located one hour north of Milwaukee and equally close to Green Bay, Plymouth is a picturesque community with a historic downtown. Plymouth, established in 1877, is surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor activities. The City maintains its small-town appeal and high quality of life with balancing growth and progress. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City and the utilities have a workforce of more than 85 full-time employees, plus another 35 part-time and seasonal employees. Plymouth is a full-service city including police, fire, public works (including engineering and parks), utilities (including water, wastewater, storm water and electricity), library, and administrative services.
The City Administrator/Utilities Manager oversees general fund and utilities budgets of more than $37 million ($7.6 M, general fund and $30 M, utilities combined). The City and its utilities are in excellent financial condition. The City Administrator/Utilities Manager also works closely on economic and community development efforts, including maintaining a close working relationship with the City’s business community. Ideal candidates will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, or related field, with a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred.
• Five – seven years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
• A team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; supervisory experience is essential;
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Strong financial, analytical and budget management skills are required; experience managing municipal utility enterprise funds is a plus.
The City Administrator is appointed by, and reports to, the Mayor and eight-member Common Council. The starting salary range is $125,000 – $140,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by October 7, 2020 (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3. Chief Election Inspector & Election Inspector – City of Plymouth has openings for Chief Election Inspectors & Election Inspectors. These positions will perform assigned duties at the polling site on Election Day under the direction of the City Clerk/Treasurer. Duties can include overseeing districts, issuing ballots to registered voters, registering voters, monitoring the voting equipment, explaining how to mark the ballot or use the voting equipment. An application is available below. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4. Cheese Counter Guest Ambassador – Are you looking to fill some hours while the kids are in school? Maybe just a few hours for some extra money? The Redevelopment Authority of Plymouth is looking for some fun, upbeat, hard working adults for the Cheese Counter. This part-time position is responsible for welcoming guests into the center. Under the direction of the Cheese Counter Manager, this position is also responsible for product sales and working in a food service capacity. They will maintain a quality brand image for the Cheese Capital of the World. Applications should be returned to the RDA of the City of Plymouth, Attn: Human Resources, 128 Smith Street, P.O. Box 107, Plymouth, WI 53073. The RDA of the City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.