Employment Opportunities with the City of Plymouth
1. Accounting Co-op – Plymouth Utilities has an opening for an Accounting Co-op position. This temporary position (mid-January – mid-April) will assist with Accounting and Financial business processes. You will gain hands-on experience and exposure to areas including: Government Accounting, Utility Accounting and Financial Reporting. A printable application is available below. To apply online, select the NEOGOV link. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Chief Election Inspector & Election Inspector – City of Plymouth has openings for Chief Election Inspectors & Election Inspectors. These positions will perform assigned duties at the polling site on Election Day under the direction of the City Clerk/Treasurer. Duties can include overseeing districts, issuing ballots to registered voters, registering voters, monitoring the voting equipment, explaining how to mark the ballot or use the voting equipment. An application is available below. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3. Police Officer
Reason for Announcement: Hiring to establish an eligibility list for potential vacancies in 2020.
Starting Salary: $29.71 per hour, full time.
Full Time Benefits: Wisconsin retirement fund; health insurance; life insurance; sick leave; clothing allowance; longevity pay; deferred compensation; vacation.
Lateral Transfers Accepted: To be considered a lateral transfer you:
- must be currently employed in law enforcement
- not be a probationary employee
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with current employer.
Qualifications: U.S. citizen; driver license; eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification and 60 college credits in Criminal Justice or related field by time of hire; no felony convictions; no domestic abuse convictions; vision correctable to 20/20; good verbal and written communication skills; able to work evenings, weekends and holidays; ability to handle several tasks simultaneously; ability to perform essential functions of this position; ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment.
Apply By: 12:00 p.m. January 3rd, 2020
Application: Application packet available at police department or at downloadable here. Submit DJ LE 330 in person, by mail, or email. DJ LE 330 also available at https://wilenet.org/
Plymouth Police Department
P.O. Box 218
128 Smith Street
Plymouth, WI 53073-0128
Phone: (920) 893-6541
Notes: Written exam; oral interviews; psychological profile; medical examination; vision examination; drug screening; and background investigation will be conducted.
Incomplete, late, or faxed applications will not be accepted.
4. Young Adult Specialist – The Plymouth Public Library is seeking an innovative, dynamic candidate for its full-time Young Adult Specialist position. The ideal candidate enjoys working and connecting with young adults (typically ages 12-mid 20’s), cultivates strong community partnerships, embraces new technologies, and is a creative problem solver. Strong technology skills are required. Experience with one or more of the following skills is desirable: gaming, coding, robotics, graphic design, etc. A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university is required. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Under the general direction of the Library Director, and in coordination with the Children’s Librarian, the Young Adult Specialist will have wide discretion over planning and decision making for young adult programming and collection development.
This position is full time with some evening and Saturday hours. Starting pay is $17.00/hour. To apply, please visit – plymouthpubliclibrary.net under About, Employment Opportunities, for an application. Please email completed applications and include a cover letter and resume to Leslie Jochman- email@example.com, or mail to- Leslie Jochman, Plymouth Public Library, 130 Division Street, Plymouth, WI, 53073. Applications will be accepted until filled, with a first review date of Friday, December 27.
5. Casual, Part-Time Seasonal Position – The City of Plymouth is hiring casual, part-time seasonal positions for the Ice Shack and Nutt Hill Ski Area. Shifts are mostly evenings and weekends, weather dependent. Applications are available in person at City Hall, 128 Smith Street, or you can select the NEOGOV link below. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, 900 CTH PP, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. Applicants must be 18 years old to work at Nutt Hill Ski Area. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
6. Cheese Counter Guest Ambassador – Are you looking to fill some hours while the kids are in school? Maybe just a few hours for some extra money? The Redevelopment Authority of Plymouth is looking for some fun, upbeat, hard working adults for the Cheese Counter. This part-time position is responsible for welcoming guests into the center. Under the direction of the Cheese Counter Manager, this position is also responsible for product sales and working in a food service capacity. They will maintain a quality brand image for the Cheese Capital of the World. Applications should be returned to the RDA of the City of Plymouth, Attn: Human Resources, 128 Smith Street, P.O. Box 107, Plymouth, WI 53073. The RDA of the City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.