Employment Opportunities With the City of Plymouth
1. City Administrator/Utilities Manager, Plymouth, WI (pop. 8,540). Located one hour north of Milwaukee and equally close to Green Bay, Plymouth is a picturesque community with a historic downtown. Plymouth, established in 1877, is surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor activities. The City maintains its small-town appeal and high quality of life with balancing growth and progress. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City and the utilities have a workforce of more than 85 full-time employees, plus another 35 part-time and seasonal employees. Plymouth is a full-service city including police, fire, public works (including engineering and parks), utilities (including water, wastewater, storm water and electricity), library, and administrative services.
The City Administrator/Utilities Manager oversees general fund and utilities budgets of more than $37 million ($7.6 M, general fund and $30 M, utilities combined). The City and its utilities are in excellent financial condition. The City Administrator/Utilities Manager also works closely on economic and community development efforts, including maintaining a close working relationship with the City’s business community. Ideal candidates will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, or related field, with a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred;
• Five – seven years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
• A team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; supervisory experience is essential;
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Strong financial, analytical and budget management skills are required; experience managing municipal utility enterprise funds is a plus.
The City Administrator is appointed by, and reports to, the Mayor and eight-member Common Council. The starting salary range is $125,000 – $140,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by June 24, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2.Lifeguard/Swim Instructor – This position will perform preventative life guarding practices and maintain order and cleanliness of the facilities and grounds. Under the general supervision of the Senior Head Lifeguard. This position is also responsible for teaching a full range of swim lessons and water safety to participants at various levels of proficiency from preschool to adult. Program areas include swim lesson, lap swim, and aquatic fitness programs for seniors and adults. Applications may be completed by clicking on the NEOGOV link below. Applications will be accepted through May 22.
3. Lifeguard – This position will perform preventative life guarding practices and maintain order and cleanliness of the facilities and grounds. Under the general supervision of the Head Lifeguard. Applications may be completed by clicking on the NEOGOV link below. Applications will be accepted through May 22.
4. Front Desk & Concessions Attendant – This seasonal, part-time position is responsible for collecting and balancing both the front desk and concession stand customer sales. Other duties include recording pool patron numbers and sales on a daily basis. Helping with sale of swim lessons and pool passes. Concession stand duties will be greeting customers, taking food orders, preparing the food, serving the food, charging the customers for their food using a cash register, stocking supplies and cleaning tables and counters. Helping provide a safe environment for patrons and staff. Also responsible for cleaning pool facilities each day, i.e., toilets, showers, changing rooms, concessions, grass areas, deck, etc. and cleaning the bottom of the pool when required. All other such duties as may be allocated by the concessions manager or head guard. Applications may be completed by clicking on the NEOGOV link below. Applications will be accepted through May 22.
5. Park Worker – The City of Plymouth has openings for a Park Worker. This seasonal, part-time position performs duties in the City such as; assist in maintaining parks, landscapes, trails, right-of-way, planter beds and natural areas in order to ensure safety, cleanliness and aesthetic appeal, as well as to meet customer needs and standards. To apply online, select the NEOGOV link and then Job Opportunities on the left. Applications should be returned to the Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. Position is open until filled. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
6. Yard Waste Attendant – The City of Plymouth has openings for a Yard Waste Attendant (must be at least 18 years old). This seasonal, part-time position performs duties at the City yard waste drop off site such as; assisting public in unloading vehicles, chipping branches, pushing up loads with a front-end loader and transporting yard waste to the City compost site. This position is needed for Saturdays starting mid-April and ending mid-November from 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. To apply online, select the NEOGOV link and then Job Opportunities on the left. Applications should be returned to the Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. Position is open until filled. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
7. Chief Election Inspector & Election Inspector – City of Plymouth has openings for Chief Election Inspectors & Election Inspectors. These positions will perform assigned duties at the polling site on Election Day under the direction of the City Clerk/Treasurer. Duties can include overseeing districts, issuing ballots to registered voters, registering voters, monitoring the voting equipment, explaining how to mark the ballot or use the voting equipment. An application is available below. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Cheese Counter Guest Ambassador – Are you looking to fill some hours while the kids are in school? Maybe just a few hours for some extra money? The Redevelopment Authority of Plymouth is looking for some fun, upbeat, hard working adults for the Cheese Counter. This part-time position is responsible for welcoming guests into the center. Under the direction of the Cheese Counter Manager, this position is also responsible for product sales and working in a food service capacity. They will maintain a quality brand image for the Cheese Capital of the World. Applications should be returned to the RDA of the City of Plymouth, Attn: Human Resources, 128 Smith Street, P.O. Box 107, Plymouth, WI 53073. The RDA of the City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.