Employment Opportunities With the City of Plymouth & Plymouth Utilities
1. Fire Chief – The City of Plymouth is seeking applications for Fire Chief.
The City of Plymouth is a city of 8,500+ residents in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
The Fire Chief is expected to provide leadership and management for the day-to-day operations of the Fire Department and EMS operations within the City. The Fire Chief ensures that all statutes and local ordinances are enforced and that the City is provided with prompt emergency and pre-planned fire suppression and EMT services through planning, organization, and clear direction for the entire operation of the Department. All programs and activities of the Fire Department are under the direction, management, and leadership of the Fire Chief. The Fire Chief reports to the Director of Public Safety/Police Chief.
In addition to possessing the qualities necessary to lead a department of this size, the Fire Chief must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires Associate Degree in Fire Science or Fire/Medic, or higher
- Ten years firefighting experience
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- Firefighter I and Firefighter II
- Fire Officer I certification. Fire Officer II certification desirable
- Fire Inspector I certification or ability to obtain certification
- Seven years’ experience at the rank of Lieutenant or higher
- Valid Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician Certification (EMT Basic or higher)
- NIMS 100, 200, and 700
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws related to Fire/EMS
- Decision making ability under stress
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use self-contained breathing apparatus effectively
- Ability to climb ladders without fear of heights
- Ability to perform emergency tasks and/or training which involves the performance of physically demanding work. Physically demanding work involves some combination of walking, running, climbing or jumping. It may also involve lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling moderately and/or heavy objects, materials and/or people
- Ability to work effectively with other department heads and the public
The compensation package for the Fire Chief includes an annual base salary of $58,000-$68,000
City Benefits: Wisconsin Retirement System, health insurance, 11 paid holidays, sick leave and life insurance
Applications and resumes can be sent to Deputy Director of Public Safety/Deputy Police Chief Christopher Ringel, Plymouth Police Department, PO Box 218, Plymouth, WI 53073, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to Deputy Director of Public Safety Christopher Ringel or Director of Public Safety/Police Chief Jeff Tauscheck at 920-893-6541.
The hiring process will include an initial interview with the Commission which will take place on either June 25 or 29, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The subsequent process may include a second interview with the Commission, City and Department staff, a medical, drug screen, and audio examinations, along with a full background check.
2. Library Page – The Plymouth Public Library has an opening for a Library Page (Shelver). The Library Page is responsible for accurately returning library materials – books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, etc. by making sure they are in the correct section, in the correct order, and labeled correctly. Pages correct shelving errors, straighten shelves, shift materials for easier access, and help with other library projects. The page also provides library patrons with basic directional assistance. The ideal candidate will be customer service-oriented and detail-oriented. Must have an education equivalent to a sophomore in high school. This position involves bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing carts filled with library materials. This position averages around 12 hours a week with evening and weekend hours. Starting pay is $8.75/hour. Applications are available on the Libraries website at www.plymouthpubliclibrary.net. Select About and then Employment Opportunities. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Public Library, Attn: Leslie Jochman 130 Division Street, Plymouth, WI 53073 or emailed to email@example.com. You can also select the NEOGOV link on the website to apply online. First review deadline of applications will be June 28, 2021. Position is open until filled. The Plymouth Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3. The City of Plymouth is hiring for the following seasonal positions:
Department of Public Works-Yard Waste Attendant (Saturdays April-November)
Department of Public Works-Part Time Streets/Parks
Applications are available to print below. To apply online, select the NEOGOV link. Applications should be returned to Plymouth Utilities, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 277, Plymouth, WI 53073. Select jobs have age requirements, please be sure to see specific job posting for that information. The City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4. Cheese Counter Guest Ambassador – Are you looking to fill some hours while the kids are in school? Maybe just a few hours for some extra money? The Redevelopment Authority of Plymouth is looking for some fun, upbeat, hard working adults for the Cheese Counter. This part-time position is responsible for welcoming guests into the center. Under the direction of the Cheese Counter Manager, this position is also responsible for product sales and working in a food service capacity. They will maintain a quality brand image for the Cheese Capital of the World. Applications should be returned to the RDA of the City of Plymouth, Attn: Human Resources, 128 Smith Street, P.O. Box 107, Plymouth, WI 53073. The RDA of the City of Plymouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.